What a beautiful day to study the 3rd chapter of Proverbs. Good Morning!
Today the overarching theme of this chapter is: Trust
Today’s Theme verses are 3 and 4 which state, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Let’s define Trust, which is defined as: firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability and strength, in this case that of the LORD’s.
20 Actions needed to gain the Positive Resolution of this chapter:
- Never forget the things I taught your
- Store my commands in your heart
- Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! (see post on Loyalty)
- Tie loyalty and kindness around your neck as a reminder
- Write them(loyalty & kindness) deep within your heart
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart
- Do not depend on your own understanding
- Seek his will in all you do
- Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom
- Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil (see post on fear the LORD)
- Honor the LORD with your wealth
- Don’t reject the LORD’s discipline
- Don’t be upset when he corrects you
- Don’t lose sight of common sense and discernment
- Hang on to them(common sense and discernment)
- Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it’s in your power to help them
- If you can help your neighbor now, don’t say, “Come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you.”
- Don’t plot harm against your neighbor, for those who live nearby trust you
- Don’t pick a fight without reason, when no one has done you harm
- Don’t envy violent people or copy their ways
- If you do the above, you will live many years
- Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will earn a good reputation
- Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones
- Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine
- The LORD corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights
- Joyful Is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding
- Happy are those who hold Wisdom tightly
- Common sense and discernment will refresh your soul
- Common sense and discernment will keep you safe on your way, and your feet will not stumble
- You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly
- You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the LORD is your security
- He(the LORD) will keep your foot from being caught in a trap
- The LORD offers his friendship to the godly
- The LORD blesses the home of the upright
- The LORD is gracious to the humble
- The wise inherit honor
- Wicked people are detestable to the LORD
- The LORD curses the house of the wicked
- The LORD mocks the mockers
- Fools are put to shame!
How can you do this you may be asking?
- It is so simple, the answer lies in your actions, to be clear there are 20 actions above that you can do that will get you on the correct path, if you so choose.
2. Of course it all depends on your relationship with the Father.
3. Start by working on your communication with Him, you know prayer!
- Have you tried listening to the LORD for a change?
- Are you interested in what He has to say about current events?
- Are you trying to get what’s in his hand, or are you working on really knowing Him?
- What type of relationship do you have with the LORD today? Loving, Friendly, Close, you know, or Distant.
- When was the last time you told Him that you love Him?
- Are you one who says, “You know I love you LORD!” What do your actions say?
Thank you LORD for direction in my life, and thank you for your help in choosing the correct path in my life! It is a pleasure to give you Praise for all you have done in my life.
Memory Verse: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” —Proverbs 3:5, 6