For we wrestle not against flesh and blood (Eph 6:11 – 12)
We are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against:
- The devil’s schemes
- Evil Rulers
- Evil Authorities of the unseen world
- Mighty powers in this dark world
- Evil spirits in the heavenly realms
- We even wrestle with our inner being, “Another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to sin that is still within me.” (Rom. 7:23)
Wrestling – (Greek word pale, pronounced pal’-ay a contest between two in which each endeavors to throw the other, and which is decided when the victor is able to hold his opponent down with his hand upon his neck
- Do you really believe that you can stand against the schemes of the devil by yourself?
- Do you think that you can you stand against evil rulers?
- Do you really think that you can have a wrestle off with the evil authorities of the unseen world?
- Do you think that you can stand up to the Mighty powers in this dark world?
- Can you stand against the powers of the dark world?
- Can you stand against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms?
- Do you think that you deal with the Evil spirits in the heavenly realms?
- What success have you had with the power within that is at war with your mind?
An example of wrestling is found in the book of Job in our Bible. This wrestling match seem to be all one sided until the Great I Am enters the ring and tags in. The match was all but over after God tagged the worn out man named Job. Before God tagged in, Job was down to nothing but misery and suffering because his opponent was a wild man and he hit him with everything, things like robbery, death, sickness, depression, hopelessness, discouragement, desertion, disloyalty, and even the kitchen sink was thrown at him. In Job’s corner was a core group of so called friends and a wife who suggested that Job just give up and curse God. Job friends accused him of some apparent fault because his type of trouble just didn’t happen to good people for no reason. His friends kept trying to get Job to repent of what ever it was that was causing this terrible wrestling match that just seem to keep going. All his friends wanted him to tap out so that this match might come to an end.
Job had nothing left but his integrity in this awful wrestling match. Job was about to be counted out while his opponent held him down in submission, when all of a sudden his tag team mate decided that enough was enough. The referee had counted to 2 and ready to count 3 and pronounce you’re out! It was then that the presence of the great Wrestler known as I AM interrupted the match and tagged his team mate in a glorious way. There was no hope for the opponent when he enter the ring and began throwing this vile and disrespectful creature around with the greatest ease, there was no matching the might of I am, The match was over and Job’s corner was made to repent for their lack of support and their assumptions of guilt. The championship belt was given back to Job and the prizes that he received for his steadfastness was so overwhelming that Job could be seen praising the Great I Am with all of his renewed might. He won twice more of what he had before the match of the century.
Now that is a great example of how to wrestle and not give in to tapping out just because the match looks like it all but over. I Am is waiting to tagged in for those matches that you are been told that you can’t win, don’t believe those well meaning friends, even your love ones who suggest that you curse God and quit! Once again adorn yourself with the Champion ship belt that says Child of God, World Champion Overcomer!