And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him
To be a king’s man:
- One must have faith to start with.
- One must believe or trust in God and his ability to act in a proper and trustworthy way.
- One must believe that God is reliable in dealing with our issues.
- Before one can march out as a soldier for the battle one must have complete confidence in the great qualities, fairness, truth, honor and ability of the leader (Jesus Christ).
Faith is one of those things that is made up of the following : confidence, trust, reliance, assurance, conviction, and belief. Put them all together and you have what should be known as faith.
So we can say with confidence, “The lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6)
- Belief in own abilities
- Self assurance or a belief in your ability to succeed
- Belief or trust in somebody, or in the ability of somebody or something to act in a proper , trustworthy, or reliable manner
Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)
- Confidence in and reliance on good qualities, especially fairness, truth, honor, or ability
“But blessed are those who trust in the lord and have made the lord their hope and confidence. (Jeremiah 17:7)
- Dependence on another person or on something such as a service or a device
- The need for something that he, she, or it provides
For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory. (Colossians 1:27)
- Freed from uncertainty
He must have a strong belief in the trustworthy message he was taught; then he will be able to encourage others with wholesome teaching and show those who oppose it where they are wrong. (Titus 1:9)
- A belief or opinion that is held firmly
- Acceptance by the mind that something is true or real, often underpinned by an emotional or spiritual sense of certainty
So we should be able to say if we are truly the king’s men then we:
- Have Complete Confidence in God
- Trust God with our lives
- Rely completely on God
- Have Assurance that God is alive and that He love us
- Have a firm conviction in Father God’s Word or Words regard us
- Have a solid Belief in Who He is and what He says
Questions to ponder!
- Did the soldiers have confidence in David?
- Do you really have confidence in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?
- Did the soldiers trust David?
- Do you trust the Lord Jesus?
- Could the soldiers rely on David?
- Do you really rely on Jesus with your whole heart, do you know what that means?
- Did the soldiers need assurances from David before going into battle?
- In your everyday life do you need assurance from God before tackling the day’s activity?
- What were the conviction level of the soldiers regarding David?
- Did the soldiers believe in David?
- Do you really believe on the name of Jesus?
- Do you have confidence in God?
- Do you really trust him?
- Can you really rely on God?
- Do you feel that God needs to give you assurances of blessings?
- What is your conviction level regarding God?
- What is your real opinion in regards to God?
- Do you really believe that God exist?
So How’ s your faith after pondering these question?
Remember, “it is impossible to please God without Faith!“