This weekend our Pastor challenged us to share our testimony with those we cared about on social media. If you know me you know I love a challenge. And if you didn’t know I do care about you!
So here is my stab at doing that.
Please don’t hate, I am talking about me not anyone else. I am just sharing my lousy life before Christ. I will use the following way to share this with you because I care and I want you to know that I was not always the guy in the white hat. As a matter of fact my hat was so black that I was shame to even share where I was and I really was not a very nice person to know.
Before I trusted Christ
- My outlook on life was dark
- My behavior was wicked and ugly
- I treated others as pawns on a chess board
- Sin had me twisted up or entangled, things like lust, cussing, rebellion, disrespect, fear, dirty mind and thinking, porn, hate, backbiting, etc.
- I was tired of the way I lived
- I wanted to do right but just couldn’t
- I turn over a new leaf only to do again and again with no results
- I was at a point where I needed saving or else
How I trusted Christ
- I really heard the Word of God that stated,
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23 NLT)
- “We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God freely and graciously declares that we are righteous, He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.” (Romans 3:22-24 NLT)
- I admitted that I was wrong
- I repented of my evil ways
- “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38 NLT)
- I acted on what I heard by believing on the name of Christ
- I received him as my personal savior
- I prayed and ask God to forgive me for the way I had being living and for all my wicked deeds that he could clearly see because he sees our hearts
- I know now that I am forgiven based on His Word that states, “But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn–not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.“(John 1:12, 13 NLT)
- I am truly thankful for the new life
Since I’ve trusted Christ
- My outlook on life is now one of hope and brighter
- I know how to really love others now
- I put Christ first in the major areas of my life
- I am taking steps to separate from sin daily
- I am regular in applying the Word of God to my life with the help of the Holy Spirit
- I maintain a consistent devotional life and I am growing in faith and really working on being a better intercessory who prays for others, still need some work in this area
- I demonstrate Christ’s love by identifying with and serving other believers
- I am openly identified with Jesus Christ where I live, work, and play
- I am a learner who is now open and teachable
- I am a visible follower and learner of Jesus Christ, and I am constantly working on being consistent and faithful in all of the above areas
Well that’s it I promise even with the issues of life I still see a brighter tomorrow and I am encouraged.