Well it is the 12th day of the month and hopefully you are studying the 12th chapter of Proverbs today.
Theme: The LORD approves of those who are good, but he condemns those who plan wickedness
My foundation verses today are verses 1 and 2 which state, “To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction. The Lord approves of those who are good, but he condemns those who plan wickedness.”
I will focus on those whom the LORD approves and those whom He condemns to day. Using only chapter 12, I will attempt to show you those who are approved and those who are condemned.
Lesson #1: List of those whom the LORD approves
- The godly who have deep roots (v.3)
- A worthy wife who is a crown for her husband (v.4)
- The plans of the godly (v.5)
- The words of the godly that save lives (v.6)
- The family of the godly that stands firm (v.7)
- A sensible persons who wins admiration (v.8)
- Those who don’t mind being ordinary people (v.9)
- Those who care for their animals (v.10)
- Those who are hard workers (v.11)
- The godly who are well rooted and bear their own fruit (v.12)
- The godly who escapes the trouble of being trapped by their own words (v.13)
- Those who use wise words (v.14)
- The wise who listen to others (v.15)
- A wise person who stays calm when insulted (v.16)
- An honest witness that tells the truth (v.17)
- The wise one whose words bring healing (v.18)
- The one who uses truthful words that stand the test of time (v.19)
- Those who are planning peace (v.20)
- No harm comes to them because they are godly (v.21)
- Those who tell the truth (v.22)
- The wise who don’t make a show of their knowledge (v.23)
- Those who work hard and become leaders (v.24)
- Those who use encouraging words to cheer a person up (v.25)
- The godly who give good advice to their friends (v.26)
- The diligent who make use of everything they find (v.27)
- Their godly ways leads to life; that path does not lead to death (v.28)
Lesson #2: List of those whom the LORD condemns
- Those who hate correction (v.1)
- Those who are wicked (v.2)
- The disgraceful woman who is like cancer in her husband bones (v.4)
- The advice of the wicked (v.5)
- The wicked whose words are like a murderous ambush (v.6)
- Those that have a warped mind (v.8)
- Those who are self-important but have no food (v.9)
- Those who are always cruel to their animals (v.10)
- Those who Chases fantasies (v.11)
- Those who are thieves and are jealous of each other’s loot (v.12)
- Those who are trapped by their own words (v.13)
- The fool who thinks their own way is right (v.15)
- A fool who is quick-tempered (v.16)
- A false witness who tells lies (v.17)
- Those who make cutting remarks (v.18)
- Those plotting evil (v.20)
- The wicked who have their fill of trouble (v.21)
- Those with lying lips (v.22)
- Fools who broadcast their foolishness (v.23)
- The lazy (v.24)
- Those who allow Worry to weight them down (v.25)
- The wicked who lead their friends astray (v.26)
- Lazy people who don’t even cook the game they catch (v.27)
- Self-discipline and you, are you known for your self-discipline or the lack thereof?
- Do the roots that you have established lead to stability?
- Are you a crown that your spouse wears proudly or do you seem like cancer in his or her bones?
- Is your advice to others just or treacherous?
- Which are you known by, a sensible person who wins admiration, or a person with a warped mind who is despised?
- Do you have a problem with being an ordinary person, or do you find that you need to be self-important?
- Are you known as a hard worker or one who chases fantasies?
- Do you find that you are trapped by your own words?
- In tough situations do you stay calm when you are insulted, or are you known for your quick-tempered?
- Which are you, an honest witness or a false witness?
As you read the two list do you who are godly notice any of the things found in the list of those who hate correction, in your life?
If so please repent and get rid of those things today, verse 1 states that it is stupid to hate correction, and verse 2 states that the LORD condemns those who plan wickedness.
If you love discipline, you are good, truly godly, truly wise, a hard worker, and planning peace, then you can expect to really learn, have the LORD’s approval, really listen to others, and have your heart fill with joy.
Memory Verse: Proverbs 12:28 “The way of the godly leads to life; that path does not lead to death.”