Good Morning everyone and blessing on you and yours.
This is the 10th day of the month, which means we should be working on the 10th chapter of Proverbs. Hopefully you are still there studying and praying about the use of this chapter in your life.
This Chapter begins with the Proverbs of Solomon, then it jumps right in with the wise child and how that child brings joy to a father then how the foolish child brings grief to a mother. Of course this is the verse that will be my launching pad for this post.
Today I would like to pose these questions:
- Why does the wise child bring joy to a father?
- Why does the foolish child bring grief to a mother?
Let’s see if we can uncover the answers to the above questions using nothing but chapter 10 as our reference point.
Lesson #1: 27 reasons a wise child brings joy to his/her father
- Right living (v.2)
- Hard worker (v.4)
- Harvests in the summer (v.5)
- Godly and showered with blessings (v.6)
- Glad to be instructed (v.8)
- Walks safely because their integrity (v.9)
- Bold reproof that promotes peace (v.10)
- Words are life-giving fountain (v.11)
- Full of love that makes up for all offenses (v.12)
- Understanding (v.13)
- Treasures knowledge (v.14)
- Wealthy (v.15)
- Their earnings enhance their lives (v.16)
- Readily accepts discipline (v.17)
- Sensible and keeps mouth shut (v.19)
- Their words are like sterling silver (v.20)
- Their words encourage many (v.21)
- Has the blessings of the LORD (v.22)
- Lives wisely (v.23)
- Their hopes are granted (v.24)
- Has a lasting foundation (v.25)
- Fears the LORD respectfully (v.27)
- Hopes result in happiness (v.28)
- Because of their integrity, they have the LORD as a stronghold (v.29)
- Never disturbed (v.30)
- Gives wise advice (v.31)
- Speaks helpful words (v.32)
Lesson #2: 29 reasons a foolish child brings grief to his/her mother
- Drawn to tainted wealth (v.2)
- Full of cravings and Wicked (v.3)
- Lazy (v.4)
- Sleeps during harvest and is a disgrace (v.5)
- Conceals violent intentions (v.6, 11)
- Babbling fools who fall flat on their faces (v.8)
- Their name will rot away because they are wicked (v.7)
- Follows crooked paths (v.9)
- Winks at wrong and causes trouble (v.10)
- Lacks sense (v.13)
- Babbles and invites disaster (v.14)
- Poverty is their destruction (v.15)
- Squander their money on sin (v.16)
- Ignores correction and does go astray (v.17)
- Hides hatred (v.18)
- Slanders other (v.18)
- Talks to much (v.19)
- Has the heart of a fool that is worthless (v.20)
- Destroyed by their lack of common sense (v.21)
- Finds doing wrong fun (v.23)
- All their fears will be fulfilled (v.24)
- Whirled away when the storms of life come (v.25)
- Irritate their employers (v.26)
- Their years are cut short because they are wicked (v.27)
- Their expectations come to nothing because they are wicked (v.28)
- The way of the LORD destroys them because they are wicked (v.29)
- They will be remove from the land because they are wicked (v.30)
- They have a tongue that deceives and it will be cut off (v.31)
- They speak perverse words (v.32)
- Tainted wealth has no lasting value, but right living can save your life (v.2)
- The wealth of the rich is their fortress; the poverty of the poor is their destruction (v.15)
- Hiding hatred makes you a liar; slandering others makes you a fool (v.18)
- Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut (v.19)
- The LORD will not let the godly go hungry, but he refuses to satisfy the craving of the wicked (v.3)
- We have happy memories of the godly, but the name of a wicked person rots away (v.7)
- The fears of the wicked will be fulfilled; the hopes of the godly will be granted (v.24)
- When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away, but the godly have a lasting foundation (v.25)
- The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing (v.28)
- The way of the LORD is a stronghold to those with integrity, but it destroys the wicked (v.29)
- The godly will never be disturbed, but the wicked will be removed from the land (v.30)
Which do you bring to your parents, joy or grief?
Which child are you to your Heavenly Father, and do you bring Him joy or grief?
Is that not a good point to stop and Pray about the discovered results that you find in your own life?
I have no room to boast here, I notice some of the foolish traits in my own life and I sure don’t want my Father in Heaven to have grief over this little snot nose kid name Bruce.
I repent Father God for allowing any of the foolish child’s ways that present themselves in my life. Please forgive me and help me to get a handle on this awful, foolish child’s behavior in my life, this I pray in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Memory Verse: Verse 29, “The way of the LORD is a stronghold to those with integrity, but it destroys the wicked.”
How about you it’s your turn!
How do you stack up when you run down these list?